3 Impactful Movies I Believe Everyone Should See

 

    Movies and films are created to tell a story whether the story is fictional or not. Most films have an ultimate theme that is conveyed to the audience, and some are stronger and more impactful than others. Here are 3 movies that changed my perspective on many areas of life.  All of these movies also happen to begin with the letter “B”.

           First, I want to start with my all-time favorite movie, Blackkklansman. This movie was directed by Spike Lee and stars John David Washington and Adam Driver. This movie is based on a true story of a black man going undercover as a KKK member in the late 1960’s. This movie changed my perspective on the segregation and racial issues that went on during this era and how many issues are still prevalent to this day and they need to not be ignored by anyone no matter your race.



    The second movie that changed my perspective on life is called Bombshell. This movie stars Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman and Margot Robbie and is directed by Jay Roach. This movie is based of the story of the women who worked for Fox News while it was run by chairman Roger Ailes. This movie follows how these women were sexually exploited by the chairman and the struggles they faced in their workplace during a time when things of this nature are taboo. This is an important film to watch because it highlights women who want to make a career but are often harassed by male coworkers.




    Finally, the last movie I want to discuss that impacted me was the 2023 film, Barbie.  This film stars Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling and is directed by Greta Gerwig. This movie is a children’s comedy movie but highlights the importance of women and their dreams. The movie creates the theme that women can do anything men can do and that each and every woman has their own unique purpose in life that varies from girl to girl. This movie is very impactful for the young generation to encourage young girls to embrace their femininity in all forms.



Comments

  1. I really liked this post and am intrigued by all the movies you've listed. I've heard of most of them but have never actually watched any. I've heard a lot of good reviews of the Barbie movie and how it was nothing like they expected. Blackkklansman was the movie that I had never heard of but now that it's on my radar I will definitely add it to the watch list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to sign off and provide closure at the end of each post.
    Moving forward, I encourage you to post your entries weekly as they are assigned. Waiting until the final days of the grading period doesn't give you the opportunity to thoughtfully develop your blog over time nor does it make entries available in time for classmates to read and engage with your content (and leave comments!).
    As of 11.6.23, there is no post for Entry #3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only seen one of the films from this list but I will say that I have seen Barbie 3 times. As someone who has a majority of women in my life I was heavily impacted by the Barbie movie. And since I've seen it I am interested in the other movies listed. If they're as impact as Barbie was I believe I will enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen any of these movies but after reading your entry I can't wait to watch them all. All three movies has lessons to be learned and it will be interesting to see what they are. I am excited to see how each of the movies talk about the different issues and how they come to light. Thank you for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts